Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Full Circle Moment

This morning I got up and was determined I would NOT leave my house until I had read my bible and studied God's Word. So I sat down and read through my scriptures for the day and also my devotional...this might seem as if its a chore for me to read my bible...its not a chore...but I have to be really intentional about it or it wont happen.

Gods word spoke so clearly and sweetly to my soul...all day my heart has been overwhelmed with his timing of scripture. The scripture was James 1:1-27 (go check it out) .

There were two parts that jumped right off the pages...the first was James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father." And the second was James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

I just love both of these verses and both have been a cornerstone to me getting through this adoption. I praised the Lord for his perfect timing of reminding me of what HIS word PROMISES.

So tonight I was cleaning out Jackson's school folder and I got his "Class Gram" letting me know what he would be learning this week at school. And HOLY COW...his memory verse is James 1:17...YES LORD...EVERY GOOD AND PERFECT GIFT DOES COME FROM YOU!!!!!

So I freaked out...told Jason all about the scriptures from earlier in the day...cried and used a kitchen towel to wipe my eyes...and snot...and just REJOICED that God loves me so much! He is using my child's school to confirm what I am studying at home and I praise HIM FOR THAT!

I want Jackson to know that he is a gift from the Lord and that baby Natalie or Nathan will be a gift from the Lord. I am so thrilled to have our family grow through adoption. I love my babies and I am so ready to see their sweet face...I will be taking sign ups for everyone in America to come by and get a glance.

Praise you Lord for your WORD...it DOES NOT return VOID...but only FILLS our SOUL to WORSHIP YOU...Oh how I love you...Christ in me, Christ in me, the HOPE of Glory...you are my EVERYTHING!!!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, I have missed your blog! So glad to see you had updated!

I love hearing your joy and thanks for how personal our God is. So glad you know He loves you and wants nothing more than to be with you.

Praise God for speaking so clearly to you yesterday!

Jenn said...

i have been following your journey and had the same experience myself while waiting for our adoption. the sunday before our birthparents were to sign our papers our pastor preached on the story of sara and abraham and how they waited so long for a son. the title of the sermon? "how NOT to wait!". God has never spoken to me on such a powerful level.

The Glow Girls said...

Dont you love that, when God just confirms what you read. I love it.
Those are the same verses I have and had when I was adopting Tobin.
It is hard to beleive that my little Russian baby will be 5 in a few weeks.