Saturday, May 31, 2008
Well! Guess what...we are STILL waiting. UHHHH!!! Its a little frustrating but I do know that my GOD is SO in control. If you all could please be praying for our baby to come home to us soon...we would really appreciate it. We are waiting on a birthmom to pick us and once that happens we will have a little more information on when we will have our precious child. BUT WHEW...we could totally use your prayers.
Love you all
Monday, May 5, 2008
- Lord, I know you are knitting Nat(i)e in their birth mother's womb. Thank you Lord for creating their inmost being. Keep Nat(i)e in your perfect hands...knit away God!!!
5. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- Thank you Lord for the peace in knowing that you already have Nat(i)e's life all planned out. You created plans to give him/her a hope and a future, Lord you WANT him/her to prosper and to not be harmed.
6. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place. Psalm 31:8
- Thank you Lord that this precious child is coming into this world with their feet set upon a spacious place. Even in the tough days to come we praise you that Nat(i)e's feet are upon a spacious, solid ROCK!!! This child wasn't handed over to the enemy but HELD by our Savior!!!
1.Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Eph 1:4
- Oh Lord, please reveal to Nat(i)e early on that you chose them, they are not a mistake but chosen by you to be Holy and without fault in your eyes. May they feel your LOVE...for you loved them even before you created the world.
- Thank you Lord that you adopted Nat(i)e into your family, praise you Lord that you KNEW in advance. Thank you Lord that your adopted child brings you great pleasure.
- Even though Nat(i)e will not be genetically mine, he/she will be genetically YOURS...and since I am genetically yours as well...I have the freedom to know that Nat(i)e and I are bonded genetically together through you.
- Lord I can trust in you, knowing that Nat(i)e will receive an inheritance from you and that you will work everything out in Nat(i)e's life according to your plan. Thank you Father for choosing this child IN ADVANCE.
Every time we meet with our agency it makes us want Nathan or Natalie even more, the wait is really hard. Sometimes I find myself waking up several times in the night just longing to have our baby here with us. I KNOW its God's timing, but I still desire for it to be SOON!!! Every morning when I wake up I think, "today could be the day that our birthmom chooses us." What an awesome day that will be when we get that call.
I cant even explain the emotions that I have experienced on this journey. Some days I am fearful, some days I am overcome with joy, some days I feel so burdened for our birthmom, some days I have a huge sense of peace, some days I weep and then laugh, some days I wonder if we are doing the right thing, some days I wonder if our baby will love us and appreciate us...basically EVERY day I feel some emotion that either makes my heart ache or jump for joy. The main thing is that Jason and I are faithful to this calling of adoption. This is a ministry for us, yes this baby will be our family, but we are preparing for a spiritual battle...just like how we prepare for ministry. We know there will be challenges and rewards to this journey, Oh Lord go before us and hem us in.
***For us to get chosen by a birthmom!!!
1. Healthy Baby
2.Strength for our birthmom, she is so courageous, I can't imagine the range of emotions she will be having! That she is making healthy, wise decisions. For her support system, please Lord put people around her that love her and can encourage her.
3. For the birthfather to relinquish rights and for him to not cause any drama!
4. For the relationship that we will have with the birthmom and birthfather! I know people don't understand open adoption, but wow its a beautiful thing if handled correctly! Thank goodness our agency is amazing at communicating to the birthfamily and the adoptive family. (sorry to those of you who feel uncomfortable with open adoption, but this is what we are choosing for our family.)
5.For attachment with our sweet baby. We will be doing different techniques to help this process along, but ultimately we just need Jesus to be our attachment expert and help this baby attach to his mommy and daddy. THIS IS HUGE!!!!
6.For Jackson and the baby to attach fast...I hope and pray that Jackson falls in love with our new baby and that he will blossom even more into the little man that God has created him to be.
7. The stigma of adoption, especially since our child will be a different color than us. But HELLO, its just a color...and our Creator created every color...so get over it!!! Not to sound harsh, I know this will be a hard reality for many...oh but what a privilege we have to love this baby, this baby was predestined FOR US (Eph 1). I want people to see our baby the way God sees our baby. A gift, a treasure, a glorious expression of God's love for us and for life, a miracle, NOT a mistake...but a child with a purpose. (Jason told me tonight at supper that he was going to jack anyone who thought otherwise...obviously he probably wont pounce on someone...but this our baby, our child, MY CHILD...I am protective of my babies.)
8.For our families...mom and dad...I know you are taking on my dreams when it comes to adoption. I know that Jason and I are called to do this, I know it doesn't always make sense...but thanks for being supportive. I know you didn't have to take this calling on as your own...just remember that this baby is just as much your grandchild as Jackson is. This baby was predestined to be loved by his gg and poppy and what an amazing set of grandparents he/she is getting.
9.Nate or Natie's purpose...OH LORD...We give you this gift right back, he/she is YOURS...use Nat(i)e for your glory, your honor, your desires. I pray that many people will be changed by the life they lead. I want nothing more than for Nat(i)e to follow you, seek you, serve you, desire you, long for you, worship you...I pray that we will see fruit Jesus!!!
Well I know there are many other aspects that we have to be praying for...JESUS COVER THIS SITUATION!!! I can't tell you how many times I lay this child at God's feet, only to pick them up the next day. I do the same with Jackson, I give him over everyday but then feel like I am more capable than my Heavenly Father...Thank you for my children, but I know they are yours. I pray you will look at me Lord, and say Well Done, MY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT...and if that means me giving up all rights, and just seeking you daily...then I GIVE UP!!! This life is yours...mine, Jason's, Jacks, Nat(i)e...and any other life you choose to bless us with!
I love you Jesus!! I love that you have called us to this point, continue to comfort me and show me your truths.
I love you family...you have blessed us with your love and support...we need YOU!
Happy Fall Y’allWe hope this fall season is going great for you and your family. Our family loves fall and all the change of colors it brings. As we start our journey this season we can’t wait to share something with you God has put deep within our hearts.
Over the last several years God has put a desire within our family to “add” to the Gerdes clan. Through prayer we realized this “addition” would not be a biological birth but a birth from the heart. YES…we are adopting and we are so thrilled we can barely contain ourselves!
We are so thankful for this opportunity and we can’t wait to see God bless this desire. We are asking our friends and family to come alongside us during this adoption journey and pray for the process and the child that God has hand-picked for us! I have chills just thinking that God already knows the exact child who will be placed with us! I love God’s creative conception…don’t you?
Here are some areas that we would love for you to pray over:
1. The financial side of the adoption. We are trusting God to provide in this area! ***God provided in this area before we even had our 2nd visit with the adoption agency!
2. We are hoping to adopt a bi-racial little boy or girl. Nathan (boy) or Natalie (girl)
3. For Nat(i)e's birth mother. That she would be taking care of herself during her pregnancy.
4. For Nat(i)e to be born healthy and continue to be healthy.
5. For the adoption process to go smoothly.
6. For our agency, New Life Adoption Agency. That they would place us with the child that God has designed for us.
7. For the transition once we bring Nat(i)e home.
8. For Jackson! To be the greatest big brother ever!
9. For Jason and I as we learn to parent two children and provide for them!
10. For Nat(i)e’s spiritual journey! That God would use him/her in an amazing way to reach the lost!
We count it a joy to have friends and family who are passionate about following Christ! We truly believe we are following after the purpose God has set forth for us. Please join with us as we travel on this adoption journey! There will be ups and downs, and we are trying to prepare ourselves, but I know that if you join us in prayer and petition this journey will be filled with miracles and joyful moments!
Thank You so much and we love you dearly!
Jason, Lindsey, and Jackson Gerdes
***Keep coming back to my blog for updates!
Our journey began 2 1/2 years ago, God put a huge burden in our hearts and we went forward with this calling. We worked with two adoption agencies and through the process saw many red flags. Now we are working with the best agency ever, NEW LIFE ADOPTION AGENCY. They are passionate about adoption and we are so thankful for the love they have for our family.
The Blog is called "A Chosen Treasure" because God has chosen this child (Eph 1:4, 11)...and we know that he/she will be a treasure. Our baby's name will either be Nathan (boy) or Natalie (girl). I will refer to them as Nat(i)e...thanks for joining in on our journey of adoption!